Who We Are
Halfdays is a fast-growing ski wear brand that exists to push the status quo of the outdoor industry. We create winter wear for women that combines fashion, technicality, and sustainability. We care about each other, having lots of fun, and bringing new people into the outdoors!
VP of Operations
We’re looking for a highly-motivated VP of Operations who wants to play an integral role in a fast-growing startup. The VP of Operations will be responsible for leading logistics, retail, distribution, and customer experience.
The major focus for this role will be establishing an operational foundation for the business to grow upon – including team growth and development, process improvement, efficiencies, and systems implementation. This person will not only play a fundamental role in growing our wholesale and director-to-consumer businesses, but will also act as a strategic partner to the CEO to execute on large-scale growth plans.
Who You Are:
- You enjoy thinking big picture and strategizing, but you can also roll up your sleeves and execute any project at hand!
- You’re drawn to a startup environment, where ambiguity and quick decision-making are our love languages.
- You’re confident, kind, and collaborative; you’re able to easily build relationships with individuals at all levels of the company.
- You love to have fun and have a passion for getting things done.
- You’re obsessed with continually improving processes and solving problems.
- You’re naturally analytical; you can synthesize complex information into concise, compelling recommendations.
- You’re highly self-motivated and take initiative.
- You’re a great listener; you respect and consider others’ viewpoints but are not hesitant to express your own in a decision-making process.
- You’re a strong operator who thrives in a fast-paced environment – you can be both strategic and tactical.
- You’ve worked in a high-growth environment with constant shifting priorities; you have the ability to be both reactive and organized.
- You embody an “everything is figure-outable” attitude; you’re more likely to say “yes” or “we’ll try” than “no”.
- You’re kind, put others before yourself, and lead by example.
Fulfillment, Logistics, and Global Distribution:
- Strategize, launch, and manage cross-border DTC selling.
- Develop and implement strategy to support the international growth of the organization.
- Lead wholesale management + distribution by working closely with buyers and merchandisers across key retail partners to ensure timely delivery.
- Oversee relationship with 3PL to ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of all orders, freight receiving, and returns processing.
- Strategize + execute on new systems implementations, including IMS and ERPs.
- Ensure ongoing carrier and factory compliance with operating standards and service level agreements.
- Act as the main point of contact for cross-functional teams across the business to receive transparent information on receiving, shipping, timelines, and capacity.
- Negotiate key contracts and manage third-party partnerships to minimize expense and find best in class partners (i.e., transportation, packaging, shipping supplies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met within company and global guidelines as well as import/export requirements.
Budgeting + Financial Analysis:
- Manage budget across all operational functions, including distribution, logistics, CX, and fulfillment.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure revenue and budget objectives are met, expanded on, and actively follow through on them.
- Lead financial analysis and develop cross-functional reporting standards to communicate to operations and leadership teams.
- Build operations team, including finance, logistics, retail, and wholesale.
- Oversee the CX team and act as a mentor to the CX Lead to develop a world-class customer experience department.
- Develop and maintain a robust set of departmental dashboards and KPI’s to monitor and measure performance.
- Work very closely with 3PL + customer experience teams to ensure optimal customer experience throughout every touchpoint.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, logistics, business or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in DTC, apparel, or retail operations
- Strong leadership experience
- Previous experience with ERP, PLM, and e-commerce systems in an omni-channel environment
- Experience as a senior level or head of operations with a proven track record leading and directing a sizable apparel import manufacturing business to profitability and delivering promised results.
- Working knowledge of warehousing operations, inventory, receiving, and order processing
- Experience with managing and launching international warehouses or 3PL partners
- Strong understanding of financial concepts related to inventory financing, financial forecasting, return on investment, etc.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance for eligible employees
- “Unlimited” Paid PTO for eligible employees
- Fun, flexible, and entrepreneurial work environment
- Company + outdoor industry discounts