Halfdays is hiring a Head of Marketing to oversee all functions of digital and brand marketing. The individual will be responsible for setting strategy across a variety of marketing channels to drive organic growth, awareness, retention, and execute on-brand storytelling. As Head of Marketing, you will have the opportunity to expand the team and directly execute on the strategies you develop.
We are looking for a dynamic leader with at least 10 years of experience of brand-building in the outdoor, fashion, apparel, or DTC industries.
The ideal candidate is:
- Known for building remarkable consumer brands through community building and storytelling, while also demonstrating expertise in growth marketing, customer acquisition, and long-term customer retention
- A leader with stellar critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excited about being an instrumental, early member of a fast-growing brand
- Passionate about disrupting the outdoor industry through a female-first approach
- Experienced in the fashion and/or outdoor industry
- An effective communicator
- Accountable, knows the buck stops with themselves, and is always thinking proactively to avoid issues down the line
- A self-starter with incredible strategic thinking skills
- Comfortable with the day to day minutiae while focused on building a strong, foundational marketing team equipped for fast-growth and scaling.
- Has an interest in outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, hiking and enjoys the outdoors
- Reports into the CEO to closely collaborate on growth plans; set overarching marketing strategies and budgets across all channels accordingly
- Lead and operate in an ambiguous environment while driving clarity for your teams and partners.
- Partner with Creative Director, Digital Director, and Content teams to develop integrated marketing plans and programs that drive customer discovery, interest, engagement, and retention.
- Lead brand communications, PR, influencer marketing and partnership strategy
- Manage and build relationships with our agency partners, including PR, Email/SMS, and Graphic Design.
- Ensure tactical planning is being executed across all channels, including Wholesale, Retail, E-Commerce, Social, PR, Paid, and Organic to bring brand and product stories to life across multiple channels
- Oversee all marketing channel KPIs; partner with the channel managers to regularly review and optimize metrics
- Manage and expand the marketing team, including digital, e-commerce, community, and content.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- You have led a growth or marketing team in a modern e-commerce, fashion, outdoor or DTC brand
- You have omni-channel brand experience; you understand the nuances of DTC, retail, and wholesale
- You inherently understand the Halfdays brand and are deeply excited about Halfdays’ market positioning
- You are balanced left-and-right brain: a great eye for branding and creative, and strong performance marketing & analytical skills
- You have built high-performing teams and a proven history of making things happen
- You can solve complex problems, and work with limited resources
- You thrive in a fast paced, high-growth environment
- Bonus points if you’ve been in a startup or fast-growing brand.
- More bonus points if you have experience in both the Fashion AND Outdoor industries.
- Accountable, entrepreneurial, and reliable with a strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Positive, open and friendly team member capable of working with various departments, dynamics.
- Clear and succinct communication skills
- Highly organized with a strong ability to self-manage workloads and prioritize top deliverables
- Naturally interested in and proficient in analyzing data (we are data-driven!)
Head of Marketing Role
Ideal Start Date: April 1, 2023
Salary Range: $140,000 - $180,000
Location: New York City (On-site)